Last updated: June 9, 2020.
Collection of Information
IntriCon collects Personal Information that you knowingly choose to provide, for example by requesting information or by contacting us with your questions. The type of information which we may collect includes information that could be used to contact you, such as your name, postal address, phone number and email address, financial information (e.g. credit card numbers and bank and other financial institution account numbers) and demographic information.
We may combine your Personal Information with other information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. We treat the combined information as Personal Information under this Policy.
Use of Information
- To provide you with the information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To communicate with you regarding a purchase or to provide related customer service;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To prevent misuse of the Site;
- If you sign up for our mailing list, to provide you with communications that we think may be of interest to you;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products and features, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain for any other purpose specified at the point of collection.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- To the companies or individuals that we hire to provide services to us, such as website hosting services;
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Security of Your Information
Whenever we obtain your Personal Information, we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, we are not insurers of the security of your Personal Information. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate the Site, certain Traffic Data may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels and administering the Site.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, and language preferences. We and our service providers use this information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, and display information more effectively.
- Analytic Tools: We also use tools and third-party services to collect information about usage of the Site, including Google Analytics. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html. Generally speaking, Google Analytics collects information on how often users visit the Site, what aspects of the Site they visit when they do so, and what other websites users visited prior to accessing the Site. You may prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Although our use of passive collection technologies may change over time as technology evolves, the above descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about our current approach to information collected from passive technologies.
This Site does not process Do-Not-Track headers transmitted by Web browsers.
Information Related to Minors
This Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from persons in this age group. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our discretion.
Where Your Information is Processed
IntriCon is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, if you use our Site, you consent to the processing and transfer of your Personal Information in and to the United States and other countries. The laws of the United States and other countries governing data protection may not be as comprehensive or as protective as the laws in the country where you live.
Lawful Bases for Processing Your Personal Information
The laws in some countries require us to tell you that IntriCon is the controller of the Personal Information that we collect through the Site. A “controller” is the person or organization who alone or jointly determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any Personal Information is, or is likely to be, processed.
Data protection laws in some countries also require us to tell you about the lawful grounds we rely on to collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process your Personal Information. To the extent those laws apply, our lawful bases for processing your Personal Information are:
To enter into and perform a contract with you: We may process Personal Information to meet our contractual obligations to you, or to take steps in anticipation of entering into a contract. For example, we process Personal Information on this basis to process orders for our products and services.
To comply with a legal obligation: We need to use and disclose Personal Information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
For our legitimate interests, where those interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms: In many cases, we handle Personal Information because it furthers our legitimate business interests. This includes:
- Providing a safe user experience on our Site;
- Customer service;
- Where in accordance with your preferences, sending communications to you to let you know about information you have told us is important to you;
- Protecting users, our workers, and our property;
- Analyzing and improving our operations (e.g., optimizing the design and operation of our Site); and managing legal issues.
With your consent: Where permitted by law, we handle Personal Information on the basis of your consent.
Your Data Rights and Choices
You can unsubscribe from certain emails from IntriCon by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link they contain. You can opt-out of the use of certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions in the Section of this policy called Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices.
The laws in some countries may give you particular rights with respect to your Personal Information, including the right to access the Personal Information that we maintain, and the right to object to certain processing of Personal Information by IntriCon. If you would like to submit a data access, correction, restriction, or deletion request, or if you would like to object to certain processing, you can do so by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process such request with respect to any Personal Information that we are able to link to you individually based on the information that you can provide to us. These rights and options that you have with respect to Personal Information are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, if you live in certain jurisdictions, you have the right to submit a complaint to your relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first by emailing email@example.com and we will try to resolve your concerns.
1260 Red Fox Road
Arden Hills, MN 55112